Polyresin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for crafters who create works using polymer clay, resin, and other fun materials!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

making canes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
poniesofdooom
Kurogoma
Kurogoma

making canes? Empty
PostSubject: making canes?   making canes? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 pm

ok, I used to do this as a child years ago, but they were a far cry from anything that looks remotely ... professional?

any how, generally when you buy canes they seem partially baked, still soft, but definitely not completely unbaked. So my question to you all is. I know I could cut the pieces first and then bake, but I really much prefer having the cane and just slicing off when I need a few pieces. So my question to you all is how do I achieve this consistency?

I've guessed that they boil them? is this maybe an option?
Back to top Go down
Ally
Kurogoma
Kurogoma
Ally

making canes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: making canes?   making canes? Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:35 pm

I have never made canes in my lif eso I cant help you =s
But did you look on youtube to see how people do it?
May be some people do it as you want to do and hopefully can help you Wink
Hope you find the solution.
Back to top Go down
http://http:Allystar.etsy.com
LAC
Kurogoma
Kurogoma

making canes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: making canes?   making canes? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:51 am

follow the instructions and bake your cane properly. After this you need to get a bowl of very warm almost hot water and pace the cane in the water for 2/3 mins. This should soften the cane up a little so it will become more flexible and easier to cut.

Why not try the cane before it is baked? Does the cane distort or loose it's shape when you try to cut it? You might want to take the cane in this case and then put it in the freezer for 3/4 minutes and it will cut more easily.

l make polymer clay tutorials on youtube (littlechocoleto is the name of my channel) so come and have a look. l might do some caning tutorials in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

making canes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: making canes?   making canes? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

making canes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Polyresin :: Polymer Clay Discussion :: Help!-
Jump to: